Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on Jacob

A few months ago, I posted about some of the difficulties I was having getting Jacob some extra help with his fine motor skills. Well, I just wanted to update everyone on where we are in that process. I still cannot get him any occupational therapy until I decide to pay for it myself. I have a perscription for it from the pediatrician, but my insurance doesn't cover any pediatric OTs in the area. So we're still working on that.

I also have an appointment in February for a developmental pediatrician at Children's Memorial. Hopefully, she will be able to help but we'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, Jacob has started to do this:

All of the sudden he is starting to color inside the lines.

I wrote the numbers at the top, but he filled the rest of the paper. He also wrote his middle name (the K is two lines up) and his last name.

This is done all by himself and he often bring me papers home from preschool like this as well. The teacher says that he does it all on his own and she doesn't prompt him to do it. This he did completely by choice, I didn't ask him to do it. I am thrilled by it.
So, maybe it's all getting better on its own. I still won't say that he looks comfortable doing it, but he loves to do it. I just really want to make sure that it doesn't become so hard that he stops wanting to do it. Only time will tell...
B

No comments: