Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pregnancy Update: 24 Weeks


Okay, so this is what I look like at 24 weeks. Pardon the picture, I used my timer. There is definitely a little pooch there, but nothing at all like I was with Zachary or the twins at this time. Maybe because this is a girl I am smaller. Who know? Someone suggested that because I waited longer between pregnancies that my body had more time to bounce back. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. The good news is that the baby is healthy. We can hear her solid heartbeat every time I'm in the doctor's office. She kicks hard and frequently. There have been no problems so I cannot complain. Hopefully things will continue on smoothly.

Here, however, is my favorite pregnancy invention. This is my maternity belt. It's the white thing strapped around my lower abdomen.

Like Zachary, this baby is sitting way low in my tummy. I had one of these with Zachary and it helped so much. I wore it all the time. However, somehow it had gotten misplaced, so I went out and replaced it today. I feel so much more supported and not like the baby is hanging low, pulling on everything. I wish I had had one of these with the twins. Jacob sat way low and made a lot of room down there. I think that's why all my other babies have chosen to sit down there as well. However, it does mean that I have limited heartburn with my pregnancies and I never really have that feeling of not being able to breathe. Those are two very good things! Hopefully, no more updates will be necessary. Maybe just more pictures as I get bigger! Grow baby girl, grow!
B


3 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Whoo-hoo! Grow baby girl, grow!

Aren't those maternity belts great?

My theory *ahem* as to why you look smaller is that you're carrying a girl. And for some reason, there is some truth to carrying girls flatter. And the whole womb stretch thing probably has merit too.

Enjoy your pregnancy with baby girl.

Emily Dykstra said...

Ooo... how are your hip bones feeling with the whole "low carrying" part of pregnancy? Just curious.

Beth said...

I remember my hipbones being bad with Zachary and the boys, but that hasn't kicked in yet! Hopefully I won't have it. I remember on bedrest not being able to lay on one side for more than about 5-10 minutes and that made for long days sometimes!
Beth