Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Survey

Okay, so my friend Emily tagged me for this: Here goes!

1. What was your favorite Halloween/Fall Festival costume as a child?
I hate to dress up, so I cannot really remember any costumes that I had as a child. I think that my mom made me a pumpkin costume once, and I thought it was cool that my mom made it for me.

2. Least favorite costume to wear?
All of them!

3. Favorite candy?
I love Reese's-peanut butter cups, pieces, anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter, but I will eat anything with chocolate in it!

4. Favorite fall treat that you baked?
I think that would be my birthday cake! However, lately, I have a pumpkin cheesecake that I really like. I am a sucker for pumpkin!

5. What age do you think one should stop trick-or-treating?
I think once it becomes all about the candy and you are no longer excited about the costume, so for some people, like maybe my hubby, they should still be trick-or-treating!

6. What is the lamest treat you received?
I can't really remember. I never really liked anything that wasn't candy when I was a kid.

7. Any other traditions on Oct. 31?
Well, seeing as it is my birthday, we always would have a special dinner, usually one I would pick out. Then after trick-or-treating I would get to open my birthday presents from my mom and dad.

8. What costumes will be present in your family this fall?
Jacob and Kyle both want to be baseball players (thank goodness, something I can actually do!), Zachary will either be an M & M or a kangaroo (two costumes that I have available already). I don't know what my hubby will be and did I mention that I hate dressing up?

9. Favorite Halloween or fall movie?
Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday (go figure), so I don't really know any movies that I like. There is a spoof on scary movies called Student Bodies and if you haven't seen it, you should. The plot falls apart at the end, but it's pretty funny up until then.

10. Any funny Halloween stories?
When I was in second grade, I went to change into my costume. I was Princess Leah and I had one of those plastic costumes and masks. Well, I took off all my clothes and just wore my costume. I was cold and everyone made fun of me. Maybe this is why I hate dressing up!

Well, wasn't that fun!
B

2 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Ahem... you were Leah? So cool! It's rough when kids tease, though. Tell me you were the white clad Leah and not the gold bikini one.

This pumpkin cheesecake... might a friend sample? :) Wink.

Zachary would be adorable in either of those outfits. And baseball for the boys is totally them!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you send pictures of the boys trick or treating!

Love,
Aunt Sara