Thursday, April 3, 2008

See ya!

My baby is gone!

Before you call me to offer to help look for my lost little boy, let me explain. Jacob and his daddy have gone to Pella for the weekend. My hubby offered to help his father with some remodeling of the upstairs and I thought Jacob would have a good time hanging out with Grandma. However, I wasn't prepared for the ease at which he would say good bye. He promply turned his Leapster on and it was all I could do to get a kiss out of him.

Now, normally I do not miss my children when I am away from them. Don't get me wrong, I love coming back to them, but I know that I need to enjoy the little time I have to myself. Yet knowing that Jacob is going to be gone for 3 days, I'm feeling a little empty already (He's only been gone 4 hours--they're not even there yet!). I am actually contemplating letting Kyle sleep in my bed with me (now you all know that I must be crazy). I am hoping that Kyle and Zachary and I will bond some while they are gone, but there are definitely some things that need to be done around here and I plan on getting them done. Hopefully we'll find some time--it's supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Kyle and Zachary do love to be outside, maybe that can be our moment.

Praying to find that special connection for the weekend...
B

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

Awww... that's so cute. You and Kyle should have a sleepover!

Here's something to distract you:
I tagged you:
http://dykstrahouse.blogspot.com/2008/04/ten-thoughts.html