Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

Did you feel the earthquake last night?

I did, although at the time I didn't know that's what it was.

I woke up at about 4:40 this morning and I thought that I heard Jacob run into our room and go into the bathroom. I was all set to yell at him when I decided that I should put my glasses on first because the light never went on in our bathroom.

As I put on my glasses, I discovered that there was no one in our room. I decided that I needed to tell my hubby that we needed to call the Ghosthunters. It's a show on the Discovery channel, I think, that helps people discover whether there are ghosts in their house. It always manages to creep me out, but I didn't know what else this feeling that I just had could have been. I rolled back over and went to sleep, hoping that the ghosts were friendly.

As I got in my car at 6:00 this morning to go swimming, I heard the news say that there was an earthquake in southern Illinois this morning and that buildings downtown Chicago had been shaking. The quake registered 5.4 on the richter scale. I felt much better knowing that I was not crazy (although just for that moment--we all know there's a lot of crazy in me), and will never forget where I was the last time Illinois had an earthquake.
B

No comments: