Sunday, April 13, 2008

Daddy Scores Some Points!

My hubby has completely taken over bathtime at our house. I love this because I hate bathtime. I help them get started and I help them finish up (get pajamas on and the such), but Daddy pretty much does the main affair. Well tonight, he gets double bonus points!

Kyle would not nap yesterday, was falling asleep in the car on the way home from church today, and still would not nap this afternoon.

Jacob was cranky this evening and clearly needed to get to bed.

Oh my, and it was bath night!

The next thing I knew, Daddy had both Jacob and Kyle in the bathtub and clean. I had gotten the kitchen cleaned up from dinner and was bringing up some pajamas for Jacob. This is what I hear:

Dad: Kyle, you get 5,000 bonus points if you get your underwear on.

Kyle: How many points do I have now?

Dad: You have 25,000 bonus points. That's more than we've ever given away in this game before! You have enough for a 15,000 mile train ride! Jacob, you get 5,000 bonus points for putting your pajamas on. You can earn another 5,000 for getting your teeth brushed!

This went on for the entire time that they were getting ready for bed. Jacob and Kyle (especially Kyle) absolutely loved it! There were no tears, there was no messing around, just 2 boys getting ready for bed quickly. This was the fastest that I think I have seen them get ready for bed since they have been dressing themselves.

Too often I fall in a rut with them and my hubby tends to think of more creative ways to get thigns accomplished. I sure am glad that I don't have to do this parenting thing alone!

Hubby definitely gets 25,000 bonus points, and who knows where his train trip will take him!
B

No comments: