Friday, April 18, 2008

The Name Game

Zachary has a new favorite song. He got a CD for Christmas that has his name in every song. The reason I (I mean Santa) got it for him was because one of the tracks was called, "The Train Song." I was sold right then and there. The rest of the CD could have had lyrics from Satan, but I was buying it anyway. Well, it's a pretty good CD. There is another track on it that has a bunch of rhymes from our childhood. Of course one of them has a train in it. Zachary sings it constantly. It goes like this,
Engine, engine, number nine,
Going down Chicago Line,
If the train should jump the track,
Do you want your money back?
Yes, no, maybe so.

Zachary just thinks this is the best, so he asks for this song in the car all the time. Consequently, we have heard all the other rhymes that occur in this song. Most of the rhymes I have heard, like Bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish, and Eeny meany, miny moe, but there was one rhyme that I have never heard. It goes like this:
Grandpa's whiskers old and grey,
Always getting in the way,
Grandma chews them in her sleep,
Thinking it is shredded wheat.

Then you hear a record needle slide and a little kid says, "That's disgusting!" All three boys think this is the funniest thing they have ever heard. It's a little gross to me, but the laughter that comes from my boys just makes me laugh too!
B
P.S. The reason the song is called, "The Name Game" is because the chorus of the song goes like this:

It's the name game,
When you hear your name,
It's time to play the game
The name game,
Shout your name (Zachary!)
Let's play the game.

It's cute!

No comments: