Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A quiet moment

I am getting a quick sneak at my computer this morning. Usually I don't get around to it until the kids are down for naps and quiet time in the afternoon. However, the boys have all been playing down in the basement since they woke up this morning-about an hour so far.

They have built some drain pipes using blocks and are happily driving the trains and cars around, parking them in garages and going about their business. It is now after 8:00 and we have to go to the grocery store today, so I have to get breakfast in them soon, but I just don't want to interrupt the peaceful playing that is going on right now. So often, two of them will play well together, but when you add that third one, there are more fights that play. It doesn't matter which two, just take one out of the mix and everything changes.

Granted when I say quiet, I don't really mean quiet. I can still hear them down there and there is some banging going on. However, Jacob is not screaming, Kyle is not purposefully antagonizing either of them, and Zachary is not hording cars or trains. In my world, that is peace. I'm not sure I know what to do with myself!
B

No comments: