Monday, July 7, 2008

Final week

It's hard to believe that we have entered our final week here in China. We will be teaching again this week, both in the morning and in the evening. Today we went to the Beijing Zoo in between. They have 14 pandas. That's the main attraction. They brought in some from the earthquake area. They were supposed to come in anyway, but they brought them in early. They are absolutely adorable.

The morning session is the easier session for me. We have 3 students that know some English so I can work with them on sentence structure and things like that. We have also been able to talk a little bit about their beliefs and things of that nature as well. The evening class is a bit harder. There is still no one who speaks any meaningful English so it has been harder. However, most of them are members of the evening church.

My roommates have been so wonderful to me, as has everyone else that is here with me. One of my roommates has made it her personal goal to be sure that I try as many new things as possible. She has been such a blessing.
B

1 comment:

Emily Dykstra said...

Beth, I am so happy for you! Your experiences sound rich and diverse. Can't wait to hear about your time there.