Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Beating Heart

Tonight at my hubby's baseball game, Jacob came up to me after playing and running with his friends. He didn't say anything, he just kept trying to grab my hand. I kept pulling it away not understanding. Finally I just let him have it. He pulled it up against his chest and wanted me to feel his heartbeat. Of course it was beating very fast having just been running around. There was nothing said between us, but after a moment of me feeling it, he just ran back to play.

It reminded me of how connected we are. I first heard that heatbeat when I was pregnant with him, and every appointment I would long to be sure it was still there. Now, I just take it for granted that God will keep his heart beating. Maybe this was God's way of just reminding me what little miracles I have running around me every day. Have I mentioned how much I love these little rascals?
B

No comments: