Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Rush

Do you ebay? If you do then you know what I am talking about. That rush you feel when you are about to win an auction, and then the relief when you know you have won.

My sister is getting married. For her bachelorette party, she wants to go to the Cub game with her fiance and all their friends and then separate in the evening for seperate evening activities. Of course we have to go on a Saturday which makes tickets more expensive.

The tickets were sold out the first day they went on sale, so I began checking ebay to see if there were any available. Of course there were. We had to wait six long days for the auction to end. See, my hubby is really the ebay king and knows how to get just about anything we decide we want on ebay.

On the day the auction ended, the boys and I were eating lunch and my hubby was pulling up the listing on his work computer. We use that because our computer at home is way too slow. With about four minutes left in the auction, he heads to the bathroom. I couldn't believe it! I was so nervous and I wasn't even the one doing the bidding, and he was going to the bathroom! Anyway, he got back in time and put in our max bid with 30 seconds. He spent the next 30 seconds refreshing his screen over and over and over again until the auction had ended. We are all watching him in the kitchen. You can see him just getting more and more anxious about it. Finally we won. My hubby had to take a few minutes and calm down because his heart was racing from all the excitement. Mine was too and I didn't even have anything to do with it.

After we both calmed down we talked about the rush that comes from bidding this way, we talked about what had transpired. He worried that he had actually put the bid in too soon. I guess it's his calm demeanor beforehand that helps him win almost every auction he enters.
B

No comments: