Friday, March 7, 2008

Haircuts

Today I took the boys (all three of them) for haircuts. We went to the SportClips because that was where I had the best coupon. I am not opposed to shopping around when it comes to their haricuts. We'll do the Great Clips, SuperCuts, whatever I can find. I don't feel connected to any one place. I am always so amazed at how well they sit and how excited they are to go every time! Jacob always wants to go first, followed byKyle. Today Zachary was asking, "When my turn?" I am telling you, getting a 2-year-old to sit still for that long is truly an accomplishment in itself, and he looks so stinking cute, I almost don't know what to do with myself. Anyway, the rest of this entry is me gushing about my boys, so if you can't take that, stop reading here!

Now that they have their cute little buzz cuts, I can't believe how old they all look. I know that I am a bit biased (yes, just a bit) but I really think that I may have some good-looking boys. I am afraid that they may break a few hearts as they get older, not that I am ready to consider that age yet. We are struggling enough with learning how to wipe our own bottoms! Anyway, I know that God has given me these boys to raise and I (we) are doing the best we know how, but if they really do end up to be quite handsome, is that going to change the way I need to parent. I know that looks aren't everything, but if the girls are going crazy for your boy, does that mean that some lessons are going to have to come early, even if I don't feel they should be ready for it? Kyle is going to be popular no matter what because he has one of those personalities that makes everyone look to him as a leader. I guess we'll just have to rely on God for guidance and see what the future holds!
B

No comments: