Thursday, February 14, 2008

Potty Training-Part 1

Okay, so with Jacob and Kyle, I didn't even try to start potty training them until they were almost 3. Jacob caught on right away, and Kyle wasn't potty trained until he was about 3 and a quarter. Not too bad, I know some moms whose boys were almost 4 and then some before they were trained so I was feeling pretty good about myself. Well, I've been watching this other little girl for two days a week this year. She is 2 and a half and she is potty trained. She started wearing underwear right before she turned 2 and a half. Zachary is four months younger than her, but at the time was no where near ready to start going in the potty. So I started to feel a little down, that I still had so many more months of diapers to go. Zachary won't be 3 until October, if he's going to follow in his brother's footsteps. Well, an amazing thing happened. Right after New Year's, Zachary started to go pee pee on the potty. So now I've been half heartedly trying to potty train him. I know that I need to get going because I put him in pull ups (which I hate) and he will go on the potty but he also has no problem going in his pull up as well. He poops on the potty--that's not an issue, but again, he also has no problem pooping in his pull up. I think I need to take the crutch away! Maybe next week--Look for more updates on this!
B

No comments: