Friday, January 25, 2008

Dinner Time

There's that time after nap and before dinner. For us it's anywhere from 1-2 hours. It's the time when I have to wake everyone up from their nap. If I let my 4-year-old twin boys sleep past 4:00, then they are up all hours of the night. My 2-year-old boy, Zachary, I can let him sleep until about 5:00 and we try to eat between 5:30 and 6:00. My hubby is usually home by 5:30 at the absolute latest and I am always antsy for him to get home and entertain the kids (which by the way, he does fabuluosly!) Anyway, today he had to work late and didn't arrive home until 6:30. Now normally, I would be climbing the walls waiting for his foot to get in the door, but today, the kids managed to play nicely for the most part (it's never perfect with three boys under 5) and I was able just to contemplate dinner and actually enjoy the early evening--to the point where here it is 7:40 and all our dishes are done and we are just hanging out until the kids go to bed. What a peaceful evening--who would have thought?
B

No comments: