Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Thankful For...

Yesterday in school, Zachary had to color a turkey and on it his teacher wrote all the things that Zachary told her he was thankful for. He turkey read like this:

"I am thankful for my trains, my cars, Kyle, my mom, my dad, and my baby Alyssa."

When I talked to him later, I said, "I think you forgot someone."

He replied, "No, Jacob is not my friend."

A little sad, but I found it funny too because every day after school Zachary just can't wait to play with Kyle while Jacob is usually throwing fits because he is so tired. Jacob usually wants to play with a grown up or gets mad at Zachary for every little thing they do together. I can understand why, at this point in time Zachary might not consider him a friend.

Little does he know that he has three friends for life, and I am so grateful for all of them!
B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can certainly understand that--siblings' relationships ebb and flow through their childhood, and this seems pretty normal to me :) But I am also thankful that I have a "friend for life," too :) I love you and can't wait to spend some time with you this week!!!

Love,
Sara