Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baptism Memories

We baptized Alyssa on Sunday, March 22. It was a wonderful weekend of friends and family. My hubby's family all were able to come in. They all stayed at our house and it was fun playing games and chatting. The weekend seemed to go by very fast and it left us counting the days until we see each other again. Zachary and Carson (my 2 1/2 yr. old nephew) especially loved playing together. Here are some of the memories that I have from that day.

This is Alyssa in her baptism gown. It was made by my aunt, my mom's sister, and worn by both my sister and me. It was still beautiful. It was perfect.
Afterwards, we were taking pictures and this was the closest that I could get to a smile. Her hair looks really red here too. It's not that red.

Here are three generations of Brown women (my mother's maiden name).

Here is my family.

Here is my hubby's family.

Afterwards we had a brunch in the fellowship hall of the church. We fed between 75 and 80 people. We just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive to us over all the years. We know that we are truly blessed.

This was the food table. My sister here is just testing the food to make sure it tastes good.



My friend Ann made these cute centerpieces for all the tables.

My mom got the cake and was so excited to be able to order something pink!

It was a wonderful day. One I will not soon forget. As she grows, I am so proud that I am able to show her how many wonderful people she has in her life that love her. Her "family" is truly huge! Thank you to all who were a part of it!

B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures :) Although I could have gone without that one of me!! Alyssa was beautiful that day and it was a wonderful day to remember!

Love,
Aunt Sara